National Pastime
I am not much of sports fan. I enjoy the occasional baseball game and I try and know who is playing in the Super Bowl. It just doesn't intrigue me. I played a little basketball when I was growing up, but by high school I had figured out I wasn't good enough to play pro so I gave it up. I ran cross country so that I could put something on my college applications and found that I enjoyed running. I have run off and on since then with this last year being a very good running year for me. I don't understand the fascination with watching sports that some men have. I got to spend some time with a very beautiful woman yesterday because her husband had abandoned her to watch football. He is notorious for missing gatherings because of his pigskin passion and often his wife will show up alone. This is not a tale of pining romance I just find it curious that he would want to watch football vs spend time with his own wife. Of course watching football, or sports in general, is just the cliche. I have been known to ignore my wife for equally frivolous activities. Take for instance writing blog entries that no one will ever read.
1 Comments:
hey! :) that's the beauty of living in Asia :) the beach in december. priceless. i'll post pictures of the beach. check my blog another time.
take care! happy new year!
By
Gail Mallo, at December 29, 2004 at 1:23 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home