Hats

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Polite Conversation

This past year I have discovered that I am the only person willing to admit I am a conservative. There must be a lot of us out there, but everyone I talk to can't believe Bush got reelected and is so disappointed they are thinking of moving to Canada. I am of the opinion that it doesn't matter who is in the White House, but when I vote I want to vote for someone I like. Someone who thinks a little bit like I do. Maybe it is just the people I know, but it seems like all of the liberals I talk to are hypocrites. They are outraged by the state of this country and think the War in IRAQ is an embarrassment. They genuinely seem passionate about this until I ask them what are they doing to change things. Most of them are willing to admit that just voting for Kerry probably isn't going to change the status quo a whole lot. These liberal minded people complain that the government should step in to help people, but they have never volunteered for anything in their lives. Many of them are very well off, but they don't even make contributions to the Democratic party. Not that they should if they really wanted to make a difference. I am sick of talking about politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home