The Real Opiate
It may set the tone poorly for me to begin confessing things so early, but it was the topic I thought of on my way into work this morning. I am addicted to television. It is a purely mental addiction and I have gone cold turkey with pleasant results in the past. I am considering giving up this guilty pleasure once again as I notice it has consumed a great portion of my waking life. It is eating into my sleeping life as well since I often find myself in front of some schlocky movie at 2 in the morning. Usually one I have seen before, but I still stay up until the end. I just can't seem to help it. At times in my life I have embraced my love of TV and I doubt I will ever give it up entirely, but I know I have hit my low when I start watching old Pauly Shore movies - I loathe Pauly Shore. I hope I get TIVO for Christmas.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home